3. Construction Contractors
The Head Contractor (“HC”) is EDF, acting through its Hydro Engineering division the Centre d’Ingénierie Hydraulique (“EDF-CIH”).
EDF-CIH has significant experience of working concurrently on large hydroelectric power projects. These include the 1,800MW Tianhuangping Project in China, the 1,000 MW Yangyang Project in South Korea, the 1,000 MW Zhanghewan Project in China and the 750 MW Mloty Project in Poland.

3.1 EDF-CIH
EDF-CIH is a world leader in undertaking hydroelectric related work, including site selection, feasibility studies design, works inspection and acceptance, testing and commissioning. Recently, EDF-CIH was involved in the construction of the 1,200 MW pumped storage power station in Guangzhou in China and is a technical consultant on the Yangtze Three Gorges Project. In India, EDF-CIH has worked on three World Bank funded projects in Maharastra, Karnataka and West Bengal and in 2001 was awarded the contract to evaluate a feasibility assessment and undertake the tender design and bid for the 800 MW Kol Dam. In South-East Asia, EDF-CIH has been involved in a 900 MW pumped storage project (in Indonesia), a 94MW hydroelectric project(in Malaysia), a 178 MW hydroelectric project (in the Philippines), a 635 MW pumped storage project (in Thailand) as well as, in the Lao PDR, responsible for the re-organisation of Electricité du Laos and personnel training.

4. Operation and Maintenance Arrangements
EDF and EGCO (or their respective subsidiaries) will provide technical services under a Technical Services Agreement and appropriate personnel will be provided under a Personnel Management Contract.

5. Power Purchasers
The Power Purchasers are the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand and EDL.

5.1 Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand
The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (“EGAT”) is a juristic entity established in 1969 under the EGAT Act, B.E. 2511, 100% owned by the Ministry of Finance. On 1 October 2002, EGAT stopped reporting directly to the Prime Minister’s Office and commenced reporting to the newly created Energy Ministry. The Government of Thailand exercises full management supervision of EGAT through the appointment of its Board of Directors. The Government also oversees EGAT’s finances, regulates the tariffs levied and approves investments.
EGAT was formed by the nationalisation and consolidation of three former regional electricity authorities – the Yanhee Electricity Authority, the Lignite Authority and the Northeastern Electricity Authority. Each of these three authorities had been responsible for power generation and transmission within its own discrete geographic area.
Under the EGAT Act (as subsequently amended) EGAT is responsible to provide power for the entire Kingdom of Thailand by generating, transmitting and selling electricity to the two main Thai distribution authorities (the Metropolitan Electricity Authority and the Provincial Electricity Authority), several direct customers and neighbouring countries. In addition, EGAT is also responsible for the planning and maintenance of the demand and supply balance in the national grid.
Notwithstanding the gradual deregulation of the electricity sector, EGAT remains the largest electrical generator in Thailand.
n fiscal year 2002 (ended September), Thailand's gross energy generation amounted to 108,389 GWh.
Of this total, 56.5% was generated by EGAT's generation facilities, with the remaining 43.5% of the country's electricity purchased from private power producers and, to a much smaller degree, neighbouring countries, namely Laos and Malaysia.
EGAT’s gross energy mix comprises natural gas, lignite, fuel oil, hydroelectric power, oil and renewable energy.
EGAT's transmission system covers a network of long-distance, high voltage transmission lines and substations that carry bulk electricity from EGAT's power plants and private power plants to distributing authorities for distribution to their customers countrywide. The transmission network comprises 500, 230, 132, 115 and 69 kV lines and substations, with the bulk power transmission being interconnected mainly through 500 kV, 230 kV and 115 kV lines throughout the country.
Load dispatch as well as the operation of generation and transmission facilities is made by the National Control Centre in co-ordination with its five regional control centres. EGAT is rated BBB- by Standard & Poor’s for its long-term foreign debt obligations.